Welcome to YouPHPTube’s doc¶
You just find a open video-plattform.
This project has a huge functionality and can be used for various scenarios.
For example, we provide:
- A streamer, for watching the videos
- Various plugins
- A lot of plugins allow you to customize
- Your player
- Your main-view / template
- Your logins (Google, Facebook…)
- Your server-load
- Your video-storage
- Tracking the watched videos by views
- Use channels and subscriptions
- A encoder
- Allow you to upload almost any format on another server and save it local on your streamer
- Direct youtube-download-support
For more information, read our Readme
For users and developers¶
This is a project is developed by a few people. Like for every other php-script, this project requires some little expirience. We provide a rudimentary setup-howto for some systems. For advance your installation for further purposes, please search for apache-, php- or mysql-howtos for the systemadministrator-work. We simply can’t answer all sysadmin-related questions and a lot of topics are covered already out there.
If problems appear, consider read the troubeshoot-guide downer. In case it does not solve it, follow the guide to do a proper issue at github.
Our code support various systems and we have some howto’s to setup a entire server as well. Mainly, we support and test Apache and Ubuntu (and Nginx for live-streamer-setup).
If you choose other systems, you propaply need to know them and maybe some general . If you like to provide a howto, this is welcome!
- Install YouPHPTube-streamer on simple webspace
- Install YouPHPTube-streamer and encoder on Ubuntu 16
- Install YouPHPTube-streamer and encoder on Ubuntu 18
- Install YouPHPTube-streamer and encoder on Debian 9.3
- Setup live-stream (video-tutorial)
- Nginx-support for YouPHPTube-streamer and encoder
- MS IIS-support for YouPHPTube-streamer
Paid plugins, support and development¶
We have some advanced functionality in form of plugins, we sell. Please have a look at https://easytube.club .
- Change resolutions
- Secure videos folder
- and many more…
When you have a lot of users, your server can reach it’s limits. To prevent this, there are some things possible.
- Use a host with mysqlnd enabled! We provide support for non-mysqlnd-host’s, but we have a SQL-cache for mysqlnd only. Also, this is a fast, native driver (better performance anyway). If you are unshure if you have this, ask your hoster.
- Enable the Cache-Plugin
- Disable gifs(Gallery- and Youphpflix-plugin) or not set gifs (use less bandwidth)
Various things can cause problems. Here, you find steps that eventualy fix your problem. If it doesn’t, please read Check Ajax answer and How to find errors on YouPHPTube for a usefull issue - this makes it easier for us to help you.
- Recheck, if all database-upgrades are done (Menu -> Update version)
- Clear the cache-folder (delete all files in videos/cache/)
- Ad-managment is broken? Try disable your adblocker
- Increase default_socket_timeout in php.ini (default_socket_timeout=900 seems to do a good job)
- In case of changed tmp-directory, change it back to default
- How to find errors on YouPHPTube
- Check Ajax answer
- Mysql Troubleshooting
- Message when rewrite is not set / 404-Errors / install rewrite-modules
- Error while sending QUERY packet cpanel